- Provides the equivalent, or better, net hair growth of Finasteride
- Increase hair diameter and hair density
- Regrow lost vellus hairs
- Can matures vellus hairs into terminal hairs
- Strongly compete against DHT (driver of Alopecia)
- Exerts no identifiably negative effect on body hormone levels
- Increase cellular replication rate in the matrix cells
- Increase cellular proliferation of outer root sheeth cells
- Increase the percentage of hair in the anagen phase
RU58841 is known as a specific androgen receptor antagonist, or a topical anti-androgen. This non steroidal topical androgen antagonist was investigated for therapeutic value in androgenetic alopecia and acne.
RU58841 (RU-58841) works by binding to the androgen receptor in the hair follicle. Therefore androgens don’t have the chance to bind and start the chain reaction of androgenetic alopecia, beginning the miniaturization process. It has been demonstrated to interrupt this hair loss message locally so that normal hair growth could continue.
RU58841 will prevent any further hair loss past what you already have (like Finasteride). However, indirectly, it can give you regrowth, because once you stop shedding completely, you will have fewer hairs falling out of your head relative to the amount of hairs growing on your head. This will thicken up your hair.
Secondly, when you add Minoxidil into the regimen, you can regrow vellus hairs where you have lost hair completely. As you grow the vellus hairs they will eventually grow into terminal hairs, thus regrowing hair on a previously desolated area of your head.